View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
HP HUNTER

Liked 279 Times in 110 Posts
Default Re: BBC Oval Port Heads ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Welcome back Ed......although that thought is probably not going to be real popular on here...LOL
And on those oval port heads I did not have any sophisticated equipment and no flow bench.....just old school experience. And my work was just as fast as extensive work done by Bruce after me....and that was surprising.....
131 MPH @ 3800 pounds and thats a stretch = 655 HP in New Jersey conditions. Rich, the fuel system on that car was far from capable of supplying fuel in those wheelie conditions, A mallory 140 does not have enough line pressure to push the fuel forward under those conditions, and the 330 foots proved that in my eyes, so I think its hard to say the new head work couldn't have been better. The exhaust system was also a disaster, all it takes is one system to hold a car back. I feel the car was far from optimized. Something to consider. There is no way in this world your going to optimize a BBC oval port head without a flow bench. Ive seen guys do a nice port without the bench, but to take it too the max your gonna need some equipement. I always run tulliped exhaust valves. But I would say Rich you did put together a good running bracket program for Ed. Welcome back Ed.

Last edited by HP HUNTER; 01-02-2014 at 10:11 PM.
HP HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote