View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #11
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Piston Ring Spacers

After reading your first reply. I instantly gave up on the narrow rings. I've been bracket racing since the mid 90's. But there is a world of difference between here and there. And I know that and don't have any experience in this S/SS stuff so I best leave those rings alone till I get some more. I agree on the leakdown numbers but its all I got to work with for now. Kieth has said he would give me some instructions on how the block should be bored and honed. I'd bet he would do the same with these other rings your suggesting. I got what seems to be a good machinist here. They have never done me wrong so far. If I had half a brain I would probably just call one of the places like you that do S/SS engines for a living. But I'm one of those hard headed types that has to try himself first before I write a check LOL
Thank you again for helping me.
Rob

Dave
Kieth never quoted me any prices. I was told that price by another racer. Little over a grand in a whole engine? Man I got that in my heads and I got inexpensive but good used ones from another racer that changed combos. I have been told that if I really want to go fast I need to spend 3500 or more for a new set. I'm actually thinking about doing it. I guess I love work and hate money. I will say this Stocker thing seems cooler than bracket racing so far. LOL

Last edited by Rob Petrie E395; 01-25-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote