View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
Signman

Liked 199 Times in 74 Posts
Default Re: Weather Stations?

Altalb and Crew Chief Pro if you can afford it.

Bought a used Altalab trailer station sent it to them for evaluation it was updated, checked and fixed everything for a more than fair cost, only sold me what I needed just very honest people.

Don and Michele from Crew Chief Pro are very helpful and easy to contact for help.

Not a big fan of Altronics as a company.
Have had a trailer station for over 10 years sent it back for calibration and updates at least every 2 years.
Last season the humidity sensor was acting up so sent it back to check, calibrate and update. The young man who worked on it was very nice called letting me know what it was going to cost, called back with the problem and fixed it without parts or additional charges.

My issue is the cost: An additional $100 dollars because it was old.
A good customer who sent the weather station back regularly was charged a penalty fee because their product was still useable after 10 years.
The young man was doing what he was told I could sense he was uneasy about the penalty charge am sure not everyone handled it as well as I.

Nice way to do business charge a customer extra for using their product too long a customer who paid to keep it in good condition. What a slap in the face. Of course they offer a discount on a new weather station.
Am sure I am not the only one with this experience.