View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,586 Times in 325 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Cool 2015 - The Indy some of us missed ! ! !

OK - so I was stubborn .Many of my friends ( including boss man Ken ) worked on me to attend this years Indy as a racer / reporter or a reporter / spectator .But no - I wouldn't give in and believe me I was dead wrong .I just felt that if I couldn't be a top contender I wouldn't go .But this story isn't about me but simply about what we missed .These are my thoughts and some facts about things that went on .............

Everyday we read the words here on ClassRacer of Kevin McKenna from National Dragster and for that we can't thank him enough .He "gets" us more than any other ND staffer ever has .

The early talk of the pits was about Roy Hills' antics .Those two runs got more plays on You Tube than Pro cars ever got .Dangerous but entertaining .My belief is that wheelie bars will become mandatory on cars that go that fast .

Class racing-

B/SA - with 16 entries - go five rounds to get the Wally - and J.Allen got it after pulling a rod and piston.

FS/C -with 14 new cars - and Charley Bob getting the prize

Only 7 cars in the Auto combo
Only 6 cars in the Stick combo
Only 2 in the FS Combo

22 SS/AH cars - 17 didn't make the eliminator field
7 GT/EA cars
5 FSS/FGT Combo cars
8 SS Combo cars
6 SS Stick Combo cars

Mineshaft conditions at Indy ??? Unheard of ......

SS Notes - When was the last time Dan Fletcher went 9.98???

The Barn - This year was different - 4 cars pulling pistons and rods - when was the last time that happened ?

Then we have the Protest .I can't remember the last time that took place .And does anyone know who protested ? And the amount they paid? Good news is that Jim Boudreau and his 'Gold Digger' passed without any problems .

Best Appearing Car went to Gary Walkwitz for his SS/AH 68 Dart

I could go on and on ..........feel free to post your moments or thoughts .