Thread: '66 Malibu N/SA
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #194
Dave Muller

Liked 221 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: '66 Malibu N/SA

Along with my broken foot I seem to have gotten the flu--just as I had holiday and vacation time coming up! Fortunately I was able to have the vacation time converted to sick time, so I can get some work done on the car during a week in February.

But now I'm reasonably healthy and back out in the garage. Next thing up was an exhaust system so that I can start the engines at home without terrifying the neighbors. Here's what I came up with:

It exits just in front of the slicks, and can double as street exhaust if I ever return the car to street duty:

Next up is the driveshaft loop. Naturally if I locate the top of the loop in the spot that yields the most driveshaft clearance, it hits the under-floor cross member. So I reworked it to angle out and follow the edge of the cross member.

It fits in pretty nicely now. And it sure was nice to weld some thicker metal for once!

And finally I put the driveshaft in, and yes! We have clearance!

Next weekend I only get one day in the garage, as Saturday is race #1 of the Summit series at Wild Horse, but Sunday I plan to start building the seat mounts.

Last edited by Dave Muller; 07-08-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote