View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #15
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Your Race Car.... Then and Now

The Turismo ran a best of a 20.45 it's first night on the track, and I won the Street class. LOL The next week Billy Nees picked it up 2 seconds and 7 mph in about 20 minutes, without exaggeration. A fresh engine and some 6x20 M/T's got it into the 15's.

John DiBartolomeo stood by, asking the same question 20+ years ago as he does now, "What is wrong with you?" ;-) In the first two NHRA races, I went a total of 9 rounds and only ran under the index 3 times... but it'd run right on the index! Made it to the semis at the Dutch Classic our second race out.

This was at Atco for our first NHRA Divisional race with the fresh, clean, and straight look from Bob Barber at Paintworks. I had a TON of help getting the car together, and I remember and appreciate every one of them, even the ones that wanted to maintain a low profile.

Keystone Nationals... back when there were contingency postings. Got the Wally for EF/SA Class Eliminations on a single, the year Hurricane Floyd blew through.

This thing is actually a bad little ride, for what it is. Won several races with it and a few R/U's when I was racing it full time while in the process of building the DragPak motor for the Volare.