View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #28
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,225 Times in 250 Posts
Default Re: COPO Horsepower adjustments

Maybe NHRA should help promote more shootouts. Maybe at National opens or points meets . These type of rivalries could be fun!
I do have to wonder how some people think. Many of the “so called” new cars that came on the scene were super soft from the start. There was a lot of discussion about them. Many of the new car owners were quite smug about how old car racers could work on their stuff or buy a new car. Some of the racers or New to racing racers thought if they bought these factory type cars that they were done spending money and would just be fast without the need to test, modify and spend money. Then “IT” happened. Racers will be racers. It was just a matter of time before the hard chargers with money, time and experience got in on these cars. This cycle will never end. Anyone that has one of these cars and is surprised isn’t familiar with hard core heads up racing. I agree, it sucks if you own one, but if you can’t play with the big dogs, don’t hang out with the class where the big dogs live. If you think there is some trickery going on, show up and race. Protest if you must.I think the idea of a good old fashioned dual at the track like J AS proposed could be a great deal that would be exciting for the class and the people racing. Owning a car and complaining on the internet doesn’t make you fast.