View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #364
oldskool
VIP Member

Liked 750 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: Best Pontiac Powered Stockers

Just got an Email back from the Butlers. They don't do Stocker engine builds either.

They recommend Mike McKinney, in Indiana. I know that Mike did a lot of racing with Pontiacs. Didn't know he was building Stocker engines for others. Found his FB page, & sent a friend request. Not much posted there, so he may not even use it. His son Marty is on my friends list. But, I've posted & ask him a question. There has been no reply & nothing posted on his page since.

So, anybody have contact info for Mike ?

I found a couple of pics. One shows Mike driving the Hard Times '68 Bird that was Truman Fields' car that he won the '73 US Nats with. Mike then won the '77 US Nats with it. The pic shows the car at the Gators. It was an article in a 1979 newspaper. It said that Mike had won a race in '77. I assume they were referring to that US Nats win. But, I'm not sure. So, did Mike also win the Gators one year ?

The other pic I found is of a For Sale ad for Truman Fields' Hard Times Bird. Says it was a D/S record holder, which would run 11.50's. price $3500.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike @ Gators .jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	53733   Click image for larger version

Name:	For Sale .jpg
Views:	203
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	53734  

Last edited by oldskool; 02-05-2020 at 04:21 PM.
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote