View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 PM   #27
Regan Wilson

Liked 125 Times in 65 Posts
Default Re: The Future Of The .90 Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA1926 View Post
Yup, so big corporate America is now running the NHRA. Tail is wagging the dog, so to speak. God forbid we just race without these big companies complaining about how we race or what equipment we use. We do need these companies for parts, but they shouldn't be able to dictate to NHRA that these classes HAVE TO buy and use their parts to be able to compete in the super classes. So I refuse to. Just like the 2 year expiration dates on the belts. No reason why NHRA can't inspect and re-certify them at the track. It's all about feeding money back to these companies and forcing the racer to flip the bill for it. Don't get me wrong, safety equipment should not be compromised, but why do we have to spend this money every two years? Other sanctioned racing entities don't require it, and those cars sit outside on open trailers, exposed to the weather and sun. The harness in those other cars are always being strained left, right, forward and back. Doesn't make much sense, other than forcing the money issue to these companies.
I think you are missing the point. The point is if all we had to run was say 10.90 @ 118 mph there would be no need in new tech in the horsepower aspect. I've had people look at my truck and say ( Isn't that a little too much for SST?). The last time I checked NHRA stood for National Hot Rod Association. I race a Hot Rod and don't care what everyone else runs if it meets class requirements. Do what you want with your Hot Rod.
Regan Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked