View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #25
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Ed Wright Passes

Another racer just let me know. To say it’s upsetting is a understatement. I first got to know Ed I’m the late 90’s. He tuned my bracket car after I was running into problems trying to tune the factory PCM. A few years later I moved to Illinois. And I started hauling my cars down there to his shop to tune them on his Dyno. We became friends. And he went on to help me immensely. At one point before he started ruining his car in SS. I was down there getting a car tuned. And was telling him I was building a new engine. He walked over to a shelf and tore the end off a camshaft box and wrote the number down off a ATI box. And said here order this cam and converter it’ll save you time. He was like that. Always willing to help. I think that was the same trip he took me to his house and showed me his SSer. He was so passionate about it and made it sound so fun. I ended up building my stocker. I could call him or email him any time. And he’d always help. Just can’t say enough good stuff about the guy. Sadly we didn’t talk as much lately since he retired and I got hurt and had to take a break. I just told my wife yesterday I need to call him. RIP Ed. We lost another very good man yesterday.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked