View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 01:23 PM   #10
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 688 Times in 230 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys,

Many of you may be wondering about a Class Racer National for 2023. Unfortunately there will be no Class Racer Nationals for 2023. There are many reason for not having a race this year, but most of them could have been worked out.

The main reason for not having the race, low car count. Its hard to bring sponsors in when racers will not show up. How do I go to companies asking for money and product knowing most racer don't care about the smaller racing venues.

I learned a hard lesson putting on the Class Racer Nationals. As the old saying goes "you can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink". It did not matter how much money or product there was, racers want to run NHRA, its just that simple. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm as guilty as the rest. The only issue I have is when racers complain about NHRA and they way they are treated... but when options are out there, most are not interested.

I do want to thank the racers that supported the Class Racer Nationals for the last 3 season, it was a humbling experience to see you guys show up year after year, along with the many kind words... THANKS SO MUCH!
Ken, give me a call when you have time to talk 910-591-6188.
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote