View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 09:25 PM   #5
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,034 Times in 317 Posts
Default Re: D1 Entry Fee - 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
It would be nice to get an explanation for the increase but we all realize everything is at a higher price including the fuel it takes for all the workers to get to the tracks. With last year's traction compound issues I wonder what a drum cost today compared to a couple of years ago. At most of the tracks the starting line crew's do a great job giving us a good starting line. But there has been times that the starting lines could use some more prep after watching cars spin. I hope that some of the extra money goes to keeping the starting lines in better shape for all the cars. BP
Barry, talked to a track GM today and he said if you can get the glue via truck load (about 32 barrels) it's about 1,600 a barrel. He also said that they are fighting the Min Wage issue also, he said the MW in his state was $14.13 an hour so he said trying to cover payroll has been pretty rough on some events. He said it might look like they are making cash but, everything is going up.

I can say in my series doing all the off-season purchases for trophies, t-shirts has skyrocketed and I've been trying to keep my fees where they are but, it might have to get a small raise or we might have to cut some things out.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked