View Single Post
Old 10-08-2023, 05:17 PM   #39
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,094 Times in 287 Posts
Default Re: Flat tappet lifter failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ancona View Post
All this type of unfounded information ,that is just flat wrong again ,and again is not welcome by many ,simply put we are already using billet camshafts ground for solid lifters, that are DLC coated in order to run valve spring pressures well above the limits of a solid lifter at what is already what many say on this site as expensive , so maybe the uninformed may want to go do some of there own research as to the cost before they make false statements , I have said this before many times on this site since 1985 car manufactures have went to roller cams , and before all you opinionated racers express your own views telling others to run a car with roller lifters from the factory ,you may be better served by understanding there is a reason as to why many like running the older cars

Really?

And you have how many class wins with your big block Stock Eliminator engines? Because I have more than 1-2.

Oh, and I have a 9500 RPM+ 396-375 Super Stock engine as well.

Maybe YOU can't make a flat tappet Stock Eliminator engine run. That does not mean the rest of us can't. There are a ton of VERY fast big block Chevy stockers out there running flat tappet cams and having zero problems. Maybe you should ask yourself why YOU can't.
Liked