View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 07:51 PM   #8
Pauley

Liked 51 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Crap, th350 emergency

Well this my first post here and followed Ed Bigley aka 1290 because drr is dead since he left. That being said as Dawsons dad i do have a few things to say.

1 thank you everyone for your encouragement to him and well intended advice.
2 yall have no idea how hard dawson has worked on this stocker. He bought it with his $. Spent his time and many late nights doing every bit by himself. I helped very very little. Is it the nicest or best? Not by a long shot. But it is his and i am proud of him.
3 thank you 1290. You were his motivation to not give up at orlando. He said i will show up 1st round when others would have packed it in. So thank you 1290 for teaching him determination.
4 i have taught Dawson much about drag racing which he has done very well and i would put his talent up against anybody in any class no matter what equipment he is in. That said when he was 8 years old the best advice i gave him was this. God gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason. When you are interacting with people who know more than you do twice as much listening and half as much talking and you can learn from others.
5 i dont fight Dawsons battles. He is grown and makes his own way. 1290 was much motivation so props to Ed. He is still gonna be a friend to me. Heck i like him a lot.

Finally this. Thanks again to all who have offered him advice and encouragement. Even ridicule. He has learned many years of experience from you by listening. But i will say this. You all will have to beat him at some point because he is hard headed and wont quit.

ep
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked