View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 05:11 PM   #28
JP1738

Liked 340 Times in 105 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

As discussed in other threads, my first race out with the car did not go as planned. Unfortunately, somewhere between testing at Darlington and Q1 in Orlando, I lost third gear and reverse. I have not had a chance to get the transmission out and torn apart to diagnose, but it appears to be burnt slam up. That said, I still had 1st and 2nd, so I limped it up there for first round anyway! You never know what can happen!

Take-aways from the my first event as a Stocker! -->

1.) I really enjoyed being at the track and in competition again, I didn't realize how much I'd missed it since the last time I made a hit in Rockingham last year.

2.) Seeing all the fine folks of NHRA D2 class racing was such a treat, I got to meet lots of people while I was down there and can't wait to meet so many more! I spent Thursday cooped up in my trailer working remotely, so I couldn't get out and talk to folks like I'd hoped to. Friday was spent in abject disbelief and disappointment, so I wasn't exactly batting 1000. Looking to touch base with many more people at the babies next week.

3.) Going through weigh-in and fuel-check was a great experience as well. Despite being broke, I still went through the entire process and learned what to expect moving forward.

4.) I am extremely proud I made it to this race. many, many, many late nights and hours of research, planning, and practice the last few months to get the car, myself, and my equipment ready in time. I made it! Unfortunately broke on the first pass, not of my own doing as far as I can tell.

I'll be back later this week with another update as soon as I get the old transmission out and diagnosed. Thanks to CR faithful's, I feel like I already have a pretty solid prognosis, but we'll see for sure here shortly.

The current color of my transmission fluid:
#2827 N/SA 1980 Malibu SW 2S 305/180
#2827 S/ST 1978 Mazda RX7 w/ 383 sbc/glide

Last edited by JP1738; 02-19-2024 at 05:17 PM.
JP1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked