View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 02:53 PM   #73
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,746 Times in 860 Posts
Default Re: A Funny thing has happened to EV’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
Was just about ready to pull the trigger on a Volvo XC40 EV twin. 404 hp. The range was short and the interior only came in black. So we will wait see next model year and lease it for three years so we don’t behind the tech curve as it will improve in three years.
Guess I'll "come out of the closet" and say I bought an EV(VW ID.4) 2 1/2 years ago and while there isn't a good business case for most in our instance it's worked well. In our area most electricity is nuclear sourced and until recently has been around .11/KWH (on average we use 3.5 KW per mile). 99% of our travel in that vehicle has been less than 50 miles from home so it easily charges overnight so I don't have to contend with a woefully inadequate charging infrastructure. Because of the weight it rides very well and with dual motors and AWD it handles amazingly well. As Eddie plans, I leased because of the tech curve deal even though leasing is typically a bad financial way to get into a vehicle.

There are a lot of valid counterpoints to buying an EV and the government's push of EV's has been way overdone but it's worked for us. One of my other drivers is a Maverick Hybrid which I really like and plan on replacing the EV with a plug-in hybrid. I have a six speed German car for 'grins' and I'm considering the EV my race car "carbon offset". Flame away...
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked