View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
Justin Graham

Liked 263 Times in 41 Posts
Default Las Vegas - Light of My Life

I had to take some time to decompress from the excitement and the experience I had at this past week/weekends, Division 7 run at TheStrip.

I rolled into Las Vegas expecting nothing more than reaction time improvements and advance a round or two. I felt fine after the Thursday Q runs and was anxious for Friday.

I learned from Bob Gullet himself that I’d have a Bye first round. Nice surprise, I’ll take that bit of luck and play on.

Second round comes around and that’s when the fun begins. I drew Derrick Elam and knew my work would be cut out for me. Hit the light right, broke out and WON? Holy smokes, a win, AND on a breakout. Cool, I’ll take it, roulette wheel keeps turning.

Third round and bound to keep that pedal down. I drew Andy Kimball and knew I’d have to keep myself out front. Hit the light and stayed in it. Win light…AGAIN? Sweet, I’ll take it, feeling like my bets are hittin.

Fourth round, We’re in the Money, Honey! I drew Justin Lamb, no explanation needed, Welcome to the Show!! I dialed what I believed to be right for the time, which clearly changed before the water box. Staged up, and BAM!! I hit the light of my life, .005!!!, my best to date..AND…missed the dial by .027 UNDER…BUSTED!!! It was a surreal feeling in the staging lanes to be one of thirteen cars, out of 101!!, remaining Friday night. I did my best to extend the “Gullet Gift”. Feeling great with my progress.

Everything carried over to Saturday and the mojo was still working. I did well in Class Eliminations and made it to the Final. I went up against a one second under buzzsaw being piloted by Brian Seaburg and accepted my runner up in the Automatic Combo. Continued progress. I’d like to thank Tom O’Loughlin, Randy Gregg, Tad Shei, and Troy Smith for their assistance in getting the Malibu prepped and pushed up for that Class Final and for their support the entire weeknd.

Sunday came around and I got antsy because the wind picked up and immediately knew I was in trouble because of how I dialed. Went red against Chuck Echmalian and my Las Vegas Experience had come to an end.

I am so pumped to get to another race I may not wait until Bakersfield in October. If certain things fall into place, I’ll be pedaling that Black Malibu somewhere soon.

Have a great week CR peeps. See you around!

Quite possibly the only member to REDLIGHT their join date

Last edited by Justin Graham; 04-24-2024 at 10:38 PM.
Justin Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked