View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 08:22 PM   #12
ProfessorRock

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: current cost of having good stocker head work?

So since i started this thread,here are my first ruminations on the subject.
And i am really shopping for some headwork fairly soon, so not just yaking.
A. only 2 responses actually offered numbers $$
B.NO ONE offered any names.
C.so it makes me wonder if most everyone is delusional?
i started racing stock/SS in the 1960s,quit actively racing in the 70s but have been active helping others ever since.Nat'l record holders/nat'l event winners/World champions ect. No i am not ****ting you! So here is the problem as racers we all face.But seem to not admit.
D. Everyone thinks that his/her builder is the best (okfine) and they know all the Secrets. "Reality -there are no more Secrets among engine builders,(not since the internet)
they all know the same things,but hope their competition does not know this one little thing, suprise, they do.The real problem for racers and car owners is this.All of the faster cars are bending the rules like a rubberband
Now the nasty thing is ,when an assoc.say NHRA decides to actually enforce the rules as written,ENGINE builders dont get disqualified, drivers and owners do.i am not knocking anyone,perhaps the customers demand their car goes just as fast as Joe's car, so what choice does the builder have but to compete. I do not have a solution,maybe you do.
E# finally doesn't it seem strange that hardly any top engine builders posts on this forum.And in 15 yrs. or so i have never seen one advertise.They must be doing ok, don't you think.LOL