View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 04:59 PM   #68
Cglrcng

Liked 135 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: U/SA 302 ffffford build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory McNeil View Post
Concerning switching to race gas for fuel check, on my 85 Mustang Stocker, I retained the factory steel gas tank, and for running non LODRS or National events, I would run Chevron mid grade pump gas, which was usually 3 to 4 hundreths quicker than C12 in my low compression, carbed 302, mainly because in Canada, VP C12 was over 20 bucks a gallon. Before getting ready to enter a NHRA Divisional or National event, I would run the fuel pump with the line to the carb running into a fuel jug, until it stopped pumping, then I would add a couple of gallons of C12, and pump that out, then leave the gas cap off, to "air out" for at least an hour, then add more fresh C12, and then load the car up for the trip to the track. Maybe I was just lucky, but I never failed fuel check doing this method.Your results may vary.
Well, that was nice it always ckd. out good, mine failed just that once, and it was a real pain the way he told me to do it. That sounds like it worked out a lot better.