View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 12:52 PM   #10
63corvette

Liked 297 Times in 90 Posts
Default Re: College kids these days ????

I paid for my kids college degrees by saving and restoring and selling classic cars along with them having part time jobs. They worked for their degrees along with my help.
I sold my 1967 corvette big block roadster which I purchased and restored which put the daughter through college with a little leftover cash for the son.
The kids remember riding in those cars and know what contributed to their degrees.
Since I paid for the kids college instead of letting the taxpayers pay for their degrees I should be able to deduct all those costs on my taxes or have Biden buy me a replacement 1967 corvette.
Biden has a 67 corvette so he should be able to sympathize with me having to sell mine in lieu of borrowing funds to fund college educations for my kids.
I won’t hold my breath for any of that to happen.
It just really bothers me to think taxpayers are funding deadbeat borrowers with college degrees who get off with loan forgiveness which the Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional.
They all signed off on a loan and now don’t have to pay.
I don’t think my bank would be so generous.
I call it buying votes with taxpayer money by politicians or outright theft from the treasury.
Rant Over
My 10 cents which was 2 cents until inflation hit.
Rick Cates
Canyon TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked