View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #14
Aaron Keown

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1664SSJA View Post
Somebody better in the know than me might be able to clear something up for me.

I seem to remember that there WAS a CORVETTE that could have run with the AH cars, but it was not allowed in and then they made some change in the rules to keep that Corvette, ( and probably any others out) keeping it just all Hemi cars.

Am I right? And who was the Corvette??????

Mark
That would be Mr. Conway Witten's corvette that you are thinking of.The car was already a very fast super/B car at the time that could outrun some of the hemi cars,somewhere along the line some people where upset about the car being as fast as it was in a lower class and some words were exchanged between Conway and some of the hemi guys.Well all this did was make Conway want to get in the same class with them so he got in the book and dug up a little engine called the LS-7,he then proceeded to let some of them know that next year he would be in the same class as them and that he would have 30 more inches and more compression to boot.Well you can guess what happened next,all hell broke loose and nhra banned the engine from competition.We also built the engine that was in Scotty's car at the time all this was happening.Wade,you said that you took the picture of Scotty's car,is that Kevin Gentry in the background and did you know him?
Aaron Keown is offline   Reply With Quote