View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 183 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Top Draster wheelbase

Hey Brian........ a lot of years back....... before 4 link dragsters were thought of........ I ran a 215" hard tail dragster that ran 7.60's @ 170 and change......... it was a bracket car and I was into the brakes a lot on the top end......... never had a problem.......and that was at Island Dragway....... if your 4 link is set up correctly, you should have less of a problem, I would think....... the braking transition should be smoother, unless you're jumping on the binders way too hard....... and if you dial right you shouldn't be on the brakes much at all........

If you watch T/D in D1, which I'm sure you have, most of the dragsters seem to be suspended in one way or another...... so I don't see what your problem would be or who may have started you thinking that you may have one........ LOL ........ just remember to drive smart.........

Is 215" too short for 180 to 190 mph???........ it's a fair question........ but I would still say you would be OK if your back half is working correctly and you know how to respect your limitations as a driver......
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote