View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 08:37 PM   #8
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts
Default Re: American troops killed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
December 2019: Trump had announced, contrary to his administration’s stated policy, that he would withdraw all American troops from Syria, where they were fighting the Islamic State. This sudden (and ultimately reversed) policy shift posed a dire challenge to Sec of Def/ Gen Mattis’s beliefs, one being the support of the Kurds. He had spent much of his career as a fighter in the Middle East. He had battled Islamist extremists and understood the danger they represented. He believed that a retreat from Syria would threaten the security of American troops elsewhere in the region, and would especially threaten America’s allies in the anti-ISIS coalition. These allies would, in Mattis’s view, feel justifiably betrayed by Trump’s decision.
Trump: I know more than our Generals i.e., in reference to NATO, Trump stated “I think I know more about it than he does.” (Mattis, as a Marine general, once served as the supreme allied commander in charge of NATO transformation.) REALLY!!
Eddie,

Surely your not blaming Trump for this. Come on man your smarter then that. Trump has been out of office for 3 years.

Randy Wells
I/S 5628
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote