Old 05-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #30
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: Pray for ALL racers and families

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
Mike,

1. People can believe whatever they chose to believe. The Lord loved us enough to gave us freewill to make our own decisions and choices. It's like not believing in gravity and jumping off a cliff, whether you believe there is such a thing that you cannot see or touch but when you jump its pulls you down, doesn't change the fact that it exists. The two go hand in hand. If you believe there's Heaven then something had to create that Heaven.

2. No, not everybody will go to Heaven, but that's not the fault of God. We ALL have a choice to make in this life and not everybody will chose to believe the truth and follow the Lord. I will but it to you this way, when I first started wondering and questioning whether to believe or not, I thought hey, If I believe all this stuff and I die and it's not true, oh well, I was a good person who lived by the 10 commandments and did my best, nothing lost, no big deal. But if I don't believe and it is true, holy crap, my eternity is in a place nobody wants to be for a second, let alone forever.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
I'm glad you enjoy your religion. And I'm sure there are folks who benefit from it now and then, as a crutch to get themselves through difficult times.

But, in reality religion is nothing more than fantasy theater. All the players get bit parts and play it out as they see fit. But there is absolutely no proof that any god exists, or has ever existed. God is simply a man made fiction that can be used to control large groups of people as Constatine discovered in 330AD.