Thread: David Layer
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Rick Brown

Liked 44 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: David Layer

Please pray and keep your thoughts with Dave, Dede and daughter Lindsey. I was just at the hospital and spent time with Dede and Lindsey. Dede asked me to post some general information as we know the racing community has become most of our families. Dave Layer has been friends or business associated with most of the Stock/Super Stock community for many years along with Comp. He has many close friends and I'm proud to be one.
Dave, while we were at Gainesville was feeling ill in the stomach area and was taken to the hospital. After tests and scans it was found that he has Pancreatic & Liver cancer. He was released to go back to the Dayton area for treatment. One of our fellow racers John Stock picked Dave and the family up and flew them home to save the long driving trip. Dede quickly set up appointments for the local surgeons & radiologists on the Wednesday after Gainesville for consultation and after that a biopsy was setup this Monday. The results were due today and as of this minute I have not received any.
The hardest part of the families struggle came yesterday while Dave was resting at home. Dave had a stroke. He is currently in a medically induced coma to protect him and on a ventilator. PLEASE keep him in your prayers as he will need all the help he can get. His color is good and looked good other than all the medical equipment.
The business remains open as the guys, Randy and George, are busy at work so please avoid calling as they are very busy trying to fill in a BIG void. I or someone from the family will be back online with updates as soon as they are available.
Thanks to Randy and Corey Wilkes for their attention to all the family in Florida and since. To win and endure all you went through supporting them surely shows a Champion!
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote