View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #16
Jim Lodi jr

Liked 36 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: motor Home power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
I have a 2010 Class C that's only 25-26 feet long. 5 Speed Auto....O/D
Pulls my 26' trailer fine and up any hill. Yes they do RPM pretty high if you push them....I make mine stay as low rpm as I can.....by making it shift up quick as I can.
I don't know the total weight of my trailer but it's not real heavy and I'm racing a dragster so it's pretty moderate weight.

My MH is an E-450 chassis with big brakes and stops better than my diesel pickup pulling the same trailer.

There are 2 versions of the V10's
2 valve head rated around 305hp
3 valve head rated around 360hp

My MH is 305hp and from what I read before I bought it, all class C's WERE using that version. I don't know if that's still true or if they ever changed that.

The newer class A's with V10's have the higher HP engine package.

My MH has 4.56 rear gears and hums along at around 2500-2600 at 65-70......Fuel Mileage is probably around 7-8 at best.

They do make an E-450 chassis with a diesel but I've never seen one other than an older one from the '90's.....Winnebago built some....

Most of those diesel engined chassis' are used for small busses and specialty vehicles.....ambulances.....

I service Onan generators so I see every kind of MH you can think of.....
One customer I have buys 30' MH's to rent and he renews his fleet every 2-3 years.....

They are all E-450's with V10's....
I was looking at the same size motor home that you are towing with I'm looking at a 2018 or 19 model with the V10. How do you feel this would tow with a 3300 lb car in a24 tag enclosed