View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 07:51 AM   #18
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: motor Home power

My Sunseeker is a 2300 and it's the shortest wheelbase and shortest overall length E450 they make.

The next size up is a better option. It is 2' longer both wheelbase and overall length....same E450 chassis. The longer wheelbase I am sure would be more desirable but those models do usually have a slide adding weight.

The newer Class C's have a much better rear frame area back to the rear bumper/hitch. I look at them all when I'm doing generator work.

I spent a full afternoon adding metal to mine at the rear frame right out to the hitch. I also added rear air bags and Bilstein front shocks and steering dampner. I boxed the c channel frame and added cross bracing and tied it right to the hitch and added some metal to the hitch it self....

I bought the MH in 2014 and have had zero issues with anything back there. I look things over regularly......

Last year I bought an Equalizer brand hitch to replace my 30 year old Reese. The new hitch is better for sure. a 14,000lb rated weight distributing and sway control hitch.

Towing is generally fine but on a highway at speed with trucks on me or on a windy day you have to slow down and give them the road....They will push you around and it can get dicey....

My Sunseeker is flat sided and over 11' tall...….a big sail in the wind. If it's windy you have to slow down.....That probably applies to even much bigger MH's...….

Went to Numidia 2 years ago and it was a rough tow with the wind and rough road out RT 80.....I wasn't the only one who mentioned how bad that one was. One of my friends with a big Class A V-10 unit said he was all over the road and hanging on.....The ride home was no probem…..no wind!

If I had room and could swing it I'd have something much better for towing but I have to make do with what I have.....

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 04-08-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked