Old 12-17-2023, 11:15 AM   #4
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,079 Times in 282 Posts
Default Re: TIG machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Merk View Post
Larry,

I will also recommend the Lincoln 175. When I was looking for a TIG machine my brother said they had 4 of these machines in their shop and all the welders loved them. As luck would have it when I went looking for a machine I found a dealer with 10 of them coming off lease. I got a terrific deal: machine, new cables, new torch, cart, and a 1 year guarantee for 1/2 of new price. Shop around, you might get lucky.

I added a Furick cup which is probably about the same as the glass cup Alan recommended. These are a great tool. You can stick that tungsten way out there, get into tight corners, and have a wonderful view of the weld puddle. We have done several roll bars, a roll cage, and all kinds of brackets and other stuff. I am very happy with this machine. Good luck.

Furick does make the gas lens and the cup I was talking about. They sell a wide selection of good products.

I also strongly recommend a top drawer auto darkening helmet, with the biggest lens you can afford, and maximum adjustability. The good ones, like Lincoln, are even capable of accepting "cheaters" for us old guys who need glasses of some sort.