View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #24
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: This would be too cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutta View Post
Whats funny is that after the guys with the money get done with this "New" Pro Stock, it will be out of reach for many once again because at the end of the day, there are only a few than can afford the R&D and test sessions that will occur once current Pro Stock teams get hands on these cars. They would have a more OEM/stock platform but it would be out of reach very quickly for most once J&J, Elite, Gray, and Line/Anderson get the combos optimized. This is assuming that factory shootouts replace current day pro stock. I personally don't see it happening because NHRA is not going to walk away from guys who are investing millions unless they have a suitable replacement with as much money to turn to instead.
I think a bigger problem with pro stock is they invest millions to be the quickest and the champion but nhra is probably only getting a tiny percentage for sponsorship to maintain the class. in a business situation this class is a loser . don't get me wrong as boring as it has become I still like to watch pro stock race but to the average person watching at home or at the track its boring .
I could see in the future if things do not turn around financially with the class and participation pro stock going away. nhra did it with modified eliminator , fuel altered, pro comp, pro stock truck!!!!! what the heck those cars will all fit somewhere in comp eliminator top sportsman or outlaw races , sound familiar?????
as for a true (untouched car bodies) pro stock type class stemming from factory drag pack cars, I would love to see it but I am sure millions would have to flow nhra's way from the big three before the class is conceived .
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote