View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #30
Terry Knott

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: This would be too cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuces wild View Post
Last year I was at the fence at Baytown national. As soon as the fuelers are done and they say pro stock is under the tower to come out everyone leaves the stands. I don't like it but that's the facts people.
Evidently you did not race at or attend the Top Stock or IHRA Nitro Jams of a few yrs. ago. At Pittsburgh, Budds Creek, Martin, people were packed in for the whole show!! When Top Stock was called to the lanes people were RUSHING to the fence to watch... I was there, I saw it personally. NOW... I think a great announcer and great marketing helped, but that is half the battle. AGAIN...people recognized the cars of Top Stock,(read-non jelly bean) and, understood first to the finish wins, no breakouts. It has happened before and if NHRA doesn't get their head out of theit A** it can happen again... Or maybe Michael Beard, Mike Carr, Jeff Ross, or any of the S/SS promoters can/will capitalize on this in the coming yrs. while NHRA promotes TF/FC at 1000 FT'(gross) and wonders why their revenue is down
Terry Knott is offline   Reply With Quote