View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #27
boostedf22c

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Drag racing Enjoy it while you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
So when you get anyone to come to the track, what do they like and do not like. You are also probably one of the youngest comp car owners
I know you race a lot of heads up races and also comp. Previously super stock.
Just looking for your insight.
They like the people. The social aspect. Hanging around with family and friends. The racing when it’s head up. When I start talking about Comp rules and indexes and handicaps and all that they kind of lose interest.

I mean I don’t blame them. I still don’t quite understand it all. I’m a first generation racer. I wasn’t brought up around NHRA class Racing. I totally respect it, I’m just not all that excited about it anymore. I was introduced to Racing with heads up, Pro Tree. And I never realized how much I truly disliked NHRA class racing until I owned/drove a “fast” car. And by “fast” I mean so much under this made up “index” that someone came up with. We all kind of lost passion in this type of Racing once we started talking about slowing the car down. Most would be thrilled to have a Comp car that can go almost .90 under. But when the talks are...slowing it down, dumping it early, etc.. Doesn’t even make sense in RACING!! The people/racers are the only reason we are still supporting some of the NHRA races. And the fact that Indy is only 8 miles from our shop. Haha.

Crazy to think at age 40 I’m one of the young ones. Haha.

Last edited by boostedf22c; 01-22-2018 at 11:06 PM.
boostedf22c is offline   Reply With Quote