View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 04:10 PM   #17
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,730 Times in 1,512 Posts
Default Re: Not for Nuthin' But Close!

Back to the "Further Adventures of Not-for-Nuthin" or "You Can Be a Total Slacker and Still Go Stock Eliminator Racing".
For this chapter, I have added a set of 19.5x7" Hoosier slicks, the previously mentioned 22" Hoosier frontrunners/rearrunners and, after draining out the gas tank, some NHRA approved Sunoco 260 GTX fuel (98 octane, unleaded). That's all.
Did I mention anything about ignorance and/or stupidity?
First pass, I got the car good and hot and, still running the car in D3, went a 15.83 at only 82 MPH. The car is shutting off just past the 1000 ft. clock.
OK, I ignorantly/stupidly think, I'm getting into a rev limiter.
Second pass, I leave the line in D3 and after the car gets to 6000 RPM in 3rd gear, I shift into D4. And the car goes a 15.75 but does exactly the same thing at exactly the same spot on the track.Hmmmm.
Third pass, I cool the car down and make the run with the shifter in D4 BUT this time, I'm going to watch the speedometer instead of the tach. It goes a 15.655 at 82.75 MPH with the speedo indicating 105 MPH (remember, the really short slicks).
I am now running into the SPEED limiter in the ECU.
So, I'll finish this chapter by saying that I apparently need to kidnap a kid and download a program before I can go play with this thing again. BUT it did run within .05 of the index (DA 1940 ft.) shutting itself off at 1100ft and I still haven't done anything but remove the P/S pump that involved getting dirty.
I'll try and post a couple of pictures later.

Make tech "TECH" again!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked