View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
Paul Wong

Liked 379 Times in 72 Posts
Default Re: Low power stockers-auto or stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Darts View Post
I see that Paul Wong has the points lead with his 273 2BBL Belvedere. There has to be some real consistency with that low power stocker and the stick. Anyone have a guess? Paul, what's scoop. Thanks
You have been picking around at this for years. You just need to start getting something put together. You have mentioned several viable combinations to me over the last few years.

As much as I am a fan of the "Dime Rocket" deal, a low powered V-8 stocker with a stick will only be a dime rocket if you want to make 3-5 passes before it puts parts on the ground. Stock style transmissions clutches and rear ends will show there weaknesses very quickly. 3500 plus pounds with a stick require the same parts as an A/S car if you want to have fun and have something live. The first 10 feet is just as violent.

Automatic parts can be found more readily and will be more available for a dime rocket build.

The national performer thing is neat but not simple to chase. You have to do a lot of travelling and be ready to take horsepower to win, especially in the combo classes.
Paul Wong is offline   Reply With Quote