Thread: Musical Tastes
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Musical Tastes

Lets see how this goes.
I honestly try to listen to some of the new stuff. Once in a while I really hear something that hits a nerve. But it's a one hit wonder, not that the band only had one hit, but I only liked one of their cuts. If it don't have a kick drum, lead guitar riff, and vocals that you can at least partly understand, I'm out. That's one reason I never liked Springsteen. He sounds like he has a mouth full of dog s**t. I'll start off with this one. It was 1976. I was asked to go to a Genesis concert that a buddy had tickets to. I'd had not heard of them and I didn't go. At the time, I was all rock and roll like most other guys in my town of Zanesville.... Aerosmith, Bad Company, Electric Light Company, Foghat were typical albums in my rack. At the time I was driving an 69 Camaro L-88 and trying to be Fonzy. I had the car, just not the girls to go along with it. Every Friday,
when I got off work, the kid I ran with and I would take our paychecks and head to the state liquor store. We would both buy a fifth, and then head to one of three record stores in town. We would buy a couple albums for " the weekend". Since co -worker Shane had mentioned Genesis, I picked up their newest release.This Genesis album I'm about to p[lay did not get played that weekend. I worked 2nd shift, and after getting home after midnight I put this album on for a try. It was late, and I had a couple young girls living next door that had to work the next day, so volume was moderate.What I heard changed my taste in music to this day. Track after track I thought to myself " what the hell did I just listen to". I later discovered I had stumbled on the beginnings of progressive rock. Have a listen. This is off of Wind and Weathering. I actually like the previous one best, Trick of the Tail