View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #151
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Early 1970s Raceway News Scans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
Pete LaFronz was a regular Raceway Park Pro Stock racer back in 1970-71 era. He ran a 1969 Camaro with a vinyl roof. Being the small (drag racing) world that it is, I figured it might've been you.

Pete K.
Some info about Pete LaFronz:

Used to run against some guys out of south Jersey with a 69 Camaro. I don't know if they ever ran Dover. We were in the Pro/Stock circuit & WCS meets at the time. His name was Pete LaFrons (LaFons ?), the car was hugger orange & I don't beleive it had any lettering.
We usually parked next to each other at the various meets. The guys on his team were all real charachters, & a lot of fun to have around.
Anybody out there know anything about them ?( this would have been in 73-74 )

and

Hey Storm King,

I remember that orange '69 Camaro very well. Pete LaFronz. I remember the car was called the 'Happy Wanderer' but I'm not sure that was lettered on the car. It was pretty much plain hugger orange. I recall it doing very well at local meets and wcs races long after the bulk of the '69 Camaros were long gone from Pro Stock. I don't recall him racing anything after that '69. They were from north Jersey across the river from the big city.
Mike

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3...=1356&start=10

Pete