View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #14
impstocker

Liked 54 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: Help with a Stocker

Just my opinion, adding I am bias because I am building my own Stocker. If he already has the car isn't that already a great start? I can't imagine you can come across a 67 Mustang real cheap, imagine how much a built 67 Mustang BIG Block Stocker would cost? Probaly real close to that 40K being tossed around. You can buy a built stocker like a Chevy Malibu 305 car maybe for 15K to 20K if you just want to race.

I am not to sure if my ego and pride is in the way of buying a built race car, but personally my check book is in the way- I could not shell out that type of money at once, so that was not an option for me.

I built my 68 Impala in early 2000's costing 15K in parts doing all the work myself. That was a I/S 396/325 that would run .7 under. Car was sold to someone who restored it back to stock (original 427/425 car) I bought all the race parts back including engine, rear for only 3K , so in my case It makes sense. I came across a "body" 1965 Impala for $1000 off of EBAY so in the end I will spend no more than 10K or LESS building this car, the main savings being I do all the work myself. My 65 is in the Build section of forum.

Let us not forget the self satisfaction in building your own car, making that first pass. I remember making my first 11 second pass in my 68 Impala, in a combination everybody said would not work.

Well, I need to get back to work building my racecar, can't spend all day on the internet.

Will Lamprecht 65 Impala in progress. I/SA 396/325
impstocker is offline   Reply With Quote