View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #33
Danny Ashley

Liked 91 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: Your experience foot brake vs. 2 step regarding ET

The accelerator well tubes are the outer 1/8 inch diameter brass tubes in the air horn. They need to be plugged or removed for 2-stepping. However it isn't necessary, but will help the rich condition the moment the 2-step is de-activated. I have had racers with O2 sensors tell me their A/F would go as rich as 10.5 the moment the trans brake was released. I was told my someone a lot smarter than me that while on the 2-step puddling occurs in the intake because of the cylinders being canceled and the moment the button is released the excess fuel enters the cylinders causing the over-rich condition. My preferred method was to tap the tubes for a 3-48 stainless steel set screw. This allowed the racer to go back to foot-braking simply by taking off the airhorn and removing the set screws. You can just pull them out and if you decide to install them just flip them around for a press fit as they are swedged from the initial installation. They should be staked in regardless as they have been known to fall out even from the factory. Hope this helps.
Danny Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote