View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
KennyAnderson

Liked 235 Times in 81 Posts
Default Mickey PBR's VS Hoosier Radials

Morning all. Anyone done any real world testing of Mickey Thompson Pro Bracket Radials VS Hoosier Radials? When I bought my shaggin wagon it had Hoosiers on it. Worked GREAT! Anyhow couple weekends ago at a big bracket race my kids noticed a few cords showing so I went in search for a set of tires.... Thank You to Marion Stephenson for having some MT bias tires in his trailer. As expected they were slower by a ton! I figured to be .05 slower but it was AT LEAST a dime..... Needless to say they ain't staying on there.We have previous experience with the PBR's on 2 other cars and they are great and last a ton. I'm also not disappointed with less rollout offered by the PBR's as I could use a tiny lil more gear ratio. My main concern is..... if the Hoosiers are faster I don't want to leave anything on the table. Anyone do any ABA testing or have any other experiences??? Thanks in advance!

PS. I have run Hoosiers on my TS car and although they were fast and the car really liked them, they were junk after 40-50 laps. SOOO I guess durability is another question. I have no idea how many laps were on the tires on shaggy but I imagine they had quite a few seasons on em. Still worked great...even with cords showing! LOL!
KennyAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote