Thread: C-11
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 PM   #23
Bill Grubbs

Liked 458 Times in 61 Posts
Default Re: C-11

Forgive me if I am ignorant. Where is this $1000 drum of fuel? I see where people have posted about $100 pails (5 gallons). The smaller the quantity the greater the cost per gallon. It has always been that way. We buy multiple drums at a time. This way the shipping costs is shared among the entire shipment. Over the last few years the shipping has gone up more than the fuel (percentage wise). Shipping costs of a single pail/barrel versus multiple barrels is almost negligible.

I do agree fuel per pass is probably one of the cheapest performance costs in racing, especially if you amortize the costs for everything we buy/use for racing (car, engine, transmissions, motorhome, truck, trailer, hotel, food, beer, etc...) Heck some racers have more in their paint jobs than Billy has in his entire operation

Ultimately each person must decide what their price point is for racing or performance and what their goals are. Billy's price point is probably the lowest of all current racers, but then again he is focused on performance gains vs cents not dollars. If he wanted to build an AA/SA '69 Camaro everybody else would probably want change classes/combinations. Thankfully Billy has different goals/views on racing and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Bill Grubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked