View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #14
Wilson1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Red Lights-First or Worst?

Bracket racing in our area isn't dead, but growing a little bit. I do have to agree that they should scrap brackets and go to index racing. Nobody watches Brackets/SC/SG except the people involved or their family. Try to explain Comp Elim to someone that has never been to a bracket race or a Nat. Good luck with that one.

I think index racing with a .400 tree will bring back spectators and the racers will love it once they get on to it. As a driver I know it is more fun when I am side by side with a guy going down the track. Much more so that either blowing by someone at the finish line or getting blown by. When both cars leave at the same time and arrive at the finish line at the same time people will watch it and enjoy it a lot more.

One complaint I hear from racers is, "I can't go fast enough to be in the 9 second index", I get that slowing your car down is against a drag racers instincts. But if you are a bracket racer, you are already slowing your car down if you are winning. You are not winning a bunch of races and dialing straight up. You may win a few, but the guys that know how to hold are winning the races.. So slow your car down to the 10 second index and have fun again.
Wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote