View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 09:27 AM   #169
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,456 Times in 1,957 Posts
Default Re: Dumbo The Flying Elephant

A BIG Thank You to Cooter and David for working so hard and smart on getting the "Bugs" worked out so "Dumbo" would start and run. A lot of the bugs were self inflicted by me. Just because a sensor worked in a 6.1 does not mean it will work in a 392 after its installed in the same place. Other problems were parts that checked good but did not work, for what reason who knows. Cooter and Dave worked and trouble shot on the system from 8:00 am until 2:20 pm. that's when the engine came to life. I'm telling you these guys so worked hard you would have thought it was their engine they were trying to start.

All of this happened Friday and I was hoping to get home Saturday. I did! Cooter was also a cheer leader all day, as they solved one problem and went to another he would cheer me up by telling me the truth, they were making progress. I forgot to tell you folks that this was Cooter's first Gen III Hemi. I'm sure if it was a LS-1 things would have been much easier for Cooter. The worst thing for me was the limited things I could reliably do to help. I will be better.

I will write more of the FI Dyno experience. The emotions grafted would have more ups and downs than the sine wave of three phase electrical current.

I have to thank my friends Jeff Teuton, Shaun, and Sid for all the help to get "Dumbo" ready to fly! --- I hope!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked