Thread: Randy Mans DQ?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 09:47 PM   #47
Mike Mans

Liked 300 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Randy Mans DQ?

I don't think there's anything you're saying Dave that is out of line here, you're pretty spot on with it all. With the current HP factors that J.R. shared, I do think that the stick shift 2015 Camaro is pretty darn close to that .25 faster than the automatic counterpart which does line up with the weight differential. During first round of the real eliminator the stick shift car ran 9.77 when Ross in the automatic was running 9.97 - it's definitely reasonable to believe that the stick car can run mid 9.70's with some more effort and time.

I absolutely believe the big block carb cars can run 9.70's and probably even tickle some 60's if they hit it right in a good session. I absolutely believe you guys could be the ones to do it with the power you make and how well you know how to make those cars work.

As for the LS1 that we run, the only part that isn't quite accurate in the description is the assumption that we are 310 lbs lighter in A/S than the A/SA when we ran 9.80. The fact is that we were about 175lbs under A/SA weight during those runs. Which I do think is pretty reasonable to think that we can run mid-high 9.90's in A/SA. We ran 9.98 many years ago with an automatic and we've made some notable gains in the engine side since then so I think that's surely likely. Do I think we can run 9.70's in A/S? I sure hope so, because I think it's going to take it to beat whoever comes in A/S. Getting to the current A/S min weight at 2,905 is incredibly unlikely unless I put a horse jockey in the seat and take out all of the ballast from the areas of the car that are necessary to make the car work. I don't know about the other guys, but I'd rather have a car that's pretty quick that I know I can get down the track than to have a very fast car at min weight that I don't think will make it 2 feet off the starting line.
Mike Mans is offline   Reply With Quote