View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #56
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Strange Engineering/NHRA dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
That is the nature of 501c's. More,More,More.So they can spend it all !!. The best way to spend it is on their own board and administrators. Haven't you seen the list going around of what part of the Dollar you give gets to the needy. Most of those are top heavy with large salaries. That is just like a racing organization we know a little about.
now Adger, that is a pretty broad brush. I have served with and continue to serve for some local charities that are staffed mainly with volunteers including the board members. I agree there are some out there that serve themselves more than the community. do the research before donating. Always look at the overhead costs when considering a contibution. the real issue is that NHRA has grown into a business that is way too top heavy and only is able to stay afloat because of the breaks they get as a non-profit. i wish they would flush the upper management and start over. the only problem is that they would probably call themselves a church, take more tax breaks and give compton another raise!