View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 10:02 PM   #21
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,668 Times in 1,296 Posts
Default Re: Class Racer Nationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
It truly is sad that these races either get no support, or the support dies off after 1-2 events.

I'd really like to know why they're not supported. It would be interesting to see the reasons from the people who don't go. Maybe we could figure out how to change things. I mean, why can't we have the Stock and Super Stock equivalent of a "spring fling" in 3-4 regions every year? Is a "Wally" really the only thing that matters to that many of you?

We've been parked for an extended period of time. We don't even really live in the same state right now. It's actually the home track races, and races like Ken's that interest us the most, and where we intend to go if we are able to return this year. The distance and the economy are just huge for us, it's kept us from racing. I'll be brutally honest, having a potentially fatal disease and hopefully beating it is the biggest reason that I am pushing for us to return. And, honestly, from a financial standpoint, for two guys approaching retirement, coming back at all is probably as stupid a move as there is, financially. But I'd like to live a little.
You can’t put a price on a good time !!!!
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked