View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #18
bill dedman
VIP Member

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: worst red light debate, again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Let's make it fair on everybody, brackets to class.
The naysayers are right, just as you said; it will never change, not because it's not a better way to race, nor because changing the rules is not a legitimate way to make a more fair and equitable setup under which to run a race, but ~because~ it won't make NHRA a red cent, and might cost something to implement (for software/programs.).

The "professionals" who are in a position to bring to fruition an improvement such as this, have NO INTEREST in fairness, ethics, or any other high-minded changes to idiotic rule situations such as this, UNLESS they can figure out a way to make some more cash out of it (and obviously, they can't.)

If the powers that be (now,) had been running things back when the Christmas tree was first implemented, when the rule was "the first car to break out loses," it would still be that way... believe it!

There was no software extant (look it up, ED) at that time to facilitate a worse red light rule, so they did what they could at the time (which was NOTHING) and it, over time, became the "industry standard" and people (like me, for instance) just accepted the fact that it couldn't be fixed at that time, and got used to it. For 47 years.

Now, people who have grown up with it, say, "If it aint broke, don't FIX it."

Well, it IS broke; they just can't see it.... and NHRA could NOT care less.

Now that it CAN be fixed, I think it's the most exquisite irony that it'll never happen.
So, yeah, it's here to stay....

Just my opinion, but that's what this board is for...

Last edited by bill dedman; 04-24-2011 at 12:37 AM.
bill dedman is offline   Reply With Quote