View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #5
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: getting older--night vision

Well I have some experience in this area had my vision corrected to 20/20 by radial kerotomity (before LASIK was available) at first night vision was horrible with points of light appearing a large star bursts got better with time.then I developed cataracts in both eyes had surgery on one eye twice and it's still not very good (horrible actually) the other eye still has a cataract but it's now my good eye!.
Have worn eye glasses most of my life and you need to be careful if your racing at night when it's cool out, with a full face helmet. I have actually had both the visor and my glasses fog up at the same time the visor will usually clear out when you get some air moving around it. So I learned to drive while holding my breath until the car starts moving.
Usually the track surface is lit well enough to see but some return roads are so dark that I have to wait for someone that I can follow back to the pits.( I'm considering putting some driving lights on the front of my dragster)
So cataract surgery is not a piece of cake if you have had RK and you need to be cautious wearing glasses.