View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:36 AM   #12
OkieRocket

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Winters Shifter Adjustment...is killing me!!

I hear you Eman. Rossler builds probably the best TH400 out there. They are "experts' on this Transmission model-for sure. I also called Carl Rossler and he tried to help me. He said that "nothing" in this area of the TH400 has changed in his many decades of building them. They are good people and very willing to help.
I tried Carl's suggestions (i.e., starting my alignment check in 3rd Gear Position and verifying that my Transmission Lever is oriented correctly). Unfortunately, I only got to the 1st Step...Got 3rd Gear adjusted (by also realizing that the Cable was now too short by 1/2" with the std. Winters Brackets). In order to get the threaded end to be long enough to engage the threaded sleeve for the ball stud on the Lever Arm, I had to relocate the Cable Mount at the Pan 1/2" further forward with a Bracket I had fabricated).
Then, I found that none of the other Positions (2, 1, N, R) would line up.....very frustrating.
I'm pretty sold on the idea that the difference in the travel distances between the Shifter Gates and the Transmission Lever/Arm is where the problem lies. Hope to have some answers from Winters tomorrow.
OkieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote