View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #24
SS3718

Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Preliminary NMCA Stock/Super Stock (S3)Compo Rules 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMACK View Post
I am in favor of using IHRA indexes to save confusion.
I cannot seeing one single NHRA racer not liking the idea of getting an extra 3 tenths advantage during qualifying.

However, keeping the carbed cars separate from the EFI cars may not work because NHRA has equivalent classes for the EFI cars.

Either way, I would enter my EFI T-Bird as an IHRA car because the factored hp is less in IHRA for the same combo, therefore less weight I have to tug around.
Alan, I think many people will do exactly as you have said and will claim IHRA due to the beneficial factors etc. To keep it simple, I think it should be all NHRA factors unless your car ONLY fits an IHRA class (i.e. SS Production classes or Crate Motor).

On a separate note, I'm not sure I understand how "weight" will not be a technical requirement. Maybe someone can clarify!

In terms of the heads up, I think it could work. Basically, as long as you run your car within 0.10 of "wide open" at all times, you should be able to cover your "heads up dial-in". Bottom line, with this scenario, the faster car will most likely still win.
SS3718 is offline   Reply With Quote