View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
Wade_Owens

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Stocker Cylinder Heads....

The way the rules stand today, you may or may not be legal depending on who worked your heads and what division your torn down in. I currently want to purchase a new set of heads. I have talked to tech over the last 10 months about these cylinder head rumors and what will pass and what wont. If I'm going to spend $1700-$5200 dollars, I ask for 2 things, a lower et and to pass tech.

Its no secret that the top head guys are grinding, porting and covering up the work with acid, media or spray welding. It was done back in the day and still happens. If some are going to be told its ok, isnt that where I need to spend my money? You know their stuff should be faster.

All I want to know is 1) what are the current rules, 2) will tech be consistent, 3)is the person or people telling everyone its ok to grind and cover up going to stand by what he/they have told the engine builders, or flip back and use the written word as a scape goat.

Everyone one of you guys who know me know I'm not a **** stirrer and dont want to be considered one. Just get everyone on the same page. If the rulebook is law, update it and stand by it. If modifications are going to be ok, dont quote the rulebook to us. That judgement call BS has got to go.

There is no pride in running an illegal car for me. If I'm fortunate enough to stand there and hold a class win Wally, it will be because my car is LEGAL. I just need a little clarification on what that is.............
Wade_Owens is offline   Reply With Quote