View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 05:41 AM   #3
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts
Default Re: Someone Educate Me On Stick Combo's Please

I am assuming stock and not superstock. If stock, your transmission choices are basically Gforce and Jerico . The jericos are great,but if I was starting out, I would give the g101 a close look. those combos are all very different types of cars, but they all could be good stick cars. I would think the poncho would be the heaviest and would need some real attention to drivetrain strength. Any stick car effort requires some care in choosing drivetrain components to reduce the chance of breakage. The clutch is a big part of that. I agree, Youngblood makes a clutch that works well. The soft locks and similar other types are good as well. The stickshift deal is way more fun! The stickshifts are much easier now than they used to be years ago, but many recall the old days and stay away. They require some more work, but the fun part makes it worthwhile. There is no reason that stick cars can't go rounds and win races. I would suggest going to races and looking over the stock xpcars racing and talk to the owners of these cars. It will help give you an idea about what is required to put one together or race one. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabs View Post
Hey y'all, been thinking bout doing a stocker with a stick and three pedals. Few ideas I've had are a 70-73 400 Formula, C5 Vette, or late 80's LT1 Camaro. None the less I really don't know a thing about stick combo's after poking my head around stuff for 2-3 years now and just trying to soak up whatever I can learn about em. I want a second race car and have loved class racing and stick cars so here's a few questions. I literally don't even know how to install a clutch on a street car so... I'm pretty clueless lol.

Who builds a good clutch and what am I looking at price wise?

Jerico or Liberty?

What kind of pedal should I get for the clutch?

What should I know about a stick car that is different from any auto? Besides the third pedal and banging gears while having fun! Lol

Thanks y'all,
Mike Shabareck